Recently we were able to spend some time with former Aquarium diver and aquarist Liz Magee, who is living underwater at the Aquarius research station in the Florida Keys. Liz is program coordinator of the Three Seas Program at Northeastern University in addition to serving as Northeastern's Diving Safety Officer. She is spending two weeks unerwater at Aquarius, and she gives Aquarium Senior Educator Sam Herman the lowdown on what it's like.
Here's the full Google+ Hangout on Air:
For reference, here's links to some of the things Liz and Sam discussed.
- The eagle rays that swim around Aquarius (Photo in the post)
- Slow motion mantis shrimp footage
- Video of Liz entering the Aquarius for the first time
- Skip the Blandings turtle (Liz misses him from volunteering at the Aquarium)
- The Giant Ocean Tank (Sam asks Liz to compare Aquarius and this exhibit)
You can learn more about Liz and her adventure on her blog.