She definitely hit the water swimming, so to speak. Watch her explore the new exhibit, find new places to nap and resume her reign as queen of the Giant Ocean Tank.
There are still some animals in the Tropical Ocean Exhibit, but not for long... only a couple more weeks to move all the animals from this temporary exhibit to the Giant Ocean Tank. See classic posts about Myrtle's home during construction here and here.
Here are some fun facts about the queen since she's returned to the newly renovated GOT:
- Her new favorite nap nook is about halfway up the spiral, wedged in with the new lettuce corals. It looks pretty uncomfortable, but she seems to like it.
- She likes her back scratched, and if there aren't any divers for her to employ, she'll do it herself by wedging her shell under a part of the reef and rocking back and forth.
- Her favorite vegetables are Brussels sprouts, like always. Also has a weakness for squid.
- She averages about 560 pounds.
- She's always underfoot, erm... fin.